I cannot believe that it took me so long to post here again! Somehow, my mind had managed to convince itself that it had been only a couple weeks. It’s just like me to think “I’ll post an update later on today, when I have more time to think it through”, and to… just forget. Rotten memory of mine, as I was telling a friend not so long ago.
Therefore, I’m not coming up with some witful post about writing today, but with this simple update that got delayed for faaaaar too long. I sincerely apologize to those of you who worried. There was nothing to worry about, but of course, no news-good news isn’t that accurate when it comes to the world of Internet, where it’s so easy to lose track of someone and never see this person again. I should know of this by now. Someday, I swear I’ll learn!What’s up, one might ask?
* A blogging break was in order. I know, I should have announced it. The fact is that said break announced itself to me by taking me by surprise, and when I realized it, I was already in my “update later-forget it quickly” mode.
* I was fed up with translating my posts (seriously). I know the choice was mine from the start, but I also needed a break from this. It’s getting better now, and I’ll be doing it again, if only to help me in the purpose listed below.
* I’ve also been quite, quite busy pondering a heavy career change, and after all this pondering, balancing the pros and cons, trying to figure out how to make it and the likes, my decision is to go back to college this upcoming September. It is an important bet, and one I think I can win. This will leave me with less time for writing, of course, but I have high hopes that I can manage it sometimes all the same. All the administrative papers filled up, I’m now crossing my fingers to be accepted into the third year of the English License degree “new” program (for those who know French schooling, the DEUG doesn’t exist anymore, it now corresponds to the first and second year of the License). Why this? Because my aim is to attempt the CAPES in 2008 to start teaching English. Everyone knows that lots of French people (including myself) could do with better English classes, isn’t it? * winks *
* Writing: no, that’s not dead either! I’m nearing the 30,000 words mark on the Wall of Silence project, but in this, much rewriting had been in order. Having a plan doesn’t matter if I later on realize that the plan needs many changes. I’ve also tried my hand at writing in English more, albeit nothing worth being shared (exercises, exercises). No doubt I’ll need to take a closer look at more than one “how to write in English” book to prepare my future school year; in turn, all my theories about wielding words won’t go down the drain, on the contrary. I’m really looking forward to learning more on this language again. Perhaps it’ll make my posts look better in the end.
* Last but not least, I went visiting my family some more, with the result of being away for several week-ends. I don’t regret it the least bit, it was much needed, after so many years spent living far away from them.That’s the gist of it all. I’m aware it doesn’t justify a complete break, so I’ll try to keep the good resolve up and post more again, or at leats without such a long interruption!