It took me one year to come up at last with a new lil’ playlist for the radio.blog here… And given the time of the year, what could be more suitable than one that I will use to keep me pumped up for NaNoWriMo! Of course, once again, this is only but a glimpse of what I’ll be listening to in November.
My genre this year is Fantasy, without dragons and all the fluff. It’ll be more focused on the characters, as well as on the magic in that particular world, its rules, and what being a mage really entails. So, don’t be surprised if there isn’t much… epic in that playlist.
- David Arkenstone— Papillon (On The Wings Of The Butterfly): Because it could make a good opening music.
- Sonata Arctica — Shamandalie: Pretty much fitting one of my characters—who, even if a secondary one, has known the main char, Althea, for a long, long time.
- Sinead O’Connor— Lullaby For Cain: This one is for Althea’s mother. A sad woman who’s already lost too many children to mages.
- Eri Sugai — Konjaku Monogatari: Translation available here.
- Kawai Kenji — Lonely Pilgrimage: From the Fate/Stay Night OST. I’ve fallen in love with this one recently, and lots of the tracks really fit the mood of my story.
- Medwyn Goodall — The Gathering: A pretty peaceful piece that could do well for the ‘calm’ moments.
- Kawai Kenji — Inheriting the Seal: Another one from Fate/Stay Night.
- Within Temptation — Never Ending Story: Doesn’t it fit a NaNo Fantasy theme in any case?
- Kawai Kenji — Log Off: From the Avalon soundtrack this time. If I need to focus on a fight scene, it does the trick for me.
- Kajiura Yuki — To Nowhere: Quite the sad mood, this one…
- Sonata Arctica — The Misery: For my second main character—whose name I need to change.
- Origa — Moon: I’m not sure of the lyrics on this one. All I can say is that I… like it, evidently.
- Secret Garden — When Darkness Falls: A moment of sad realization for poor Althea?
- Dead Can Dance — De Profundis (Out Of The Depths Of Sorrow): Still loving them after so many years (decades?). Another one for a darker mood.